How do I wipe my Dell computer clean and start over?
Access the same Reset this PC function in the system settings and select Get Started. Choose Remove Everything to wipe the computer. You will have the option to only delete your files or to delete everything and clean the entire drive. After the process is completed, the computer will restart with a fresh drive.
How do I do a clean install of Windows 10 on my laptop?
Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Enter your computer’s BIOS. …
- Step 2 – Set your computer to boot from DVD or USB. …
- Step 3 – Choose the Windows 10 clean install option. …
- Step 4 – How to find your Windows 10 license key. …
- Step 5 – Select your hard disk or SSD.
How do I install Windows 10 on my Dell laptop?
Install the operating system:
- Connect a USB recovery drive on the personal computer you want to install Windows 10.
- Restart your computer and tap F12 continuously, then select Boot from.
- On the Install Windows page, select your language, time, and keyboard preferences, and then select next.
How do I do a clean install of Windows 10 before installing?
Head to the Control Panel and select “Back up your computer” under the Systems and Security section. On the left choose to create a system image, pick the location you want to save it to (I chose my external storage drive), click Next, confirm that everything looks good, and then click Start backup.
How can I restore my Dell computer to factory settings?
Restore your Dell computer using Windows Push-Button Reset
- Click Start. …
- Select Reset this PC (System Setting).
- Under Reset this PC, select Get Started.
- Select the option to Remove everything.
- If you are keeping this computer, select Just remove my files. …
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset process.
How do you factory reset a Dell desktop computer?
While the computer is running, search for “Reset this PC” in the desktop search box. Under Advanced startup, click on Restart now, then select Troubleshoot when asked to choose an option. Finally, select Factory Image Restore and follow the instructions for the final steps in the reset process.
What is the cost of Windows 10 operating system?
If you’ve got an outdated version of Windows (anything older than 7) or build your own PCs, Microsoft’s latest release will cost $119. That’s for Windows 10 Home, and the Pro tier will be priced higher at $199.
Does installing Windows 10 delete everything?
Programs and files will be removed: If you are running XP or Vista, then upgrading your computer to Windows 10 will remove all of your programs, settings and files. To prevent that, make sure to do a complete backup of your system before the installation.
How do I clean and reinstall Windows 10 from USB?
How to perform clean install of Windows 10
- Start the device with Windows 10 USB media.
- On prompt, press any key to boot from the device.
- On the “Windows Setup,” click the Next button. …
- Click the Install now button.
Do Dell laptops come with Windows 10?
New Dell systems ship with one of the two following operating system configurations: … Windows 10 Professional License and Windows 7 Professional operating system factory downgrade.
How can I install Windows 10 on my laptop for free?
With that caveat out the way, here’s how you get your Windows 10 free upgrade:
- Click on the Windows 10 download page link here.
- Click ‘Download Tool now’ – this downloads the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- When finished, open the download and accept the license terms.
- Choose: ‘Upgrade this PC now’ then click ‘Next’
How do I clean my computer Windows 10?
Disk cleanup in Windows 10
- In the search box on the taskbar, type disk cleanup, and select Disk Cleanup from the list of results.
- Select the drive you want to clean up, and then select OK.
- Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
- Select OK.
When to do a clean install of Windows?
If your Windows system has slowed down and isn’t speeding up no matter how many programs you uninstall, you should consider reinstalling Windows. Reinstalling Windows may often be a faster way to get rid of malware and fix other system issues than actually troubleshooting and repairing the specific problem.
What is Clean Install?
A completely new installation of an operating system or application on a computer. In a clean install of an OS, the hard disk is formatted and completely erased. … Installing an OS on a new computer or installing an application for the first time is automatically a clean install.